Meet the team
An experienced Employment Law Solicitor, Anita is also the founder and Managing Director of Kalra Legal Group.
Anita graduated in law at Swansea University and completed the legal practice course at Cardiff University. In 2015 she set out to found a law firm that would meet the needs and realities of a client’s modern, fast-paced and demanding life. The result is Kalra Legal Group, a fresh-thinking legal firm which provides a modern approach to employment law, balancing legal expertise with a human, empathetic approach.
Anita has specialised in employment law for over a decade and has extensive experience acting on behalf of employees and businesses before employment tribunals across the UK in every major area of employment law including unfair dismissal, race, sex, disability and age discrimination, TUPE, unlawful deduction of wages, breach of contract, sexual harassment claims and maternity discrimination. She is often asked to chair or sit on the board of disciplinary meetings.
Anita has a 90% success rate representing her clients with maternity, pregnancy and sex discrimination claims. In many instances she is able to settle disputes without the need to go to tribunal, successfully arguing cases until they are struck out and negotiating favourable settlements for ex-employees.
Acting on behalf of a wide range of clients at all levels within a business, including CEOs, Managing Directors, Directors and Senior Executives, Anita has successfully negotiated boardroom disputes, bonus disputes and has built a high success rate in tribunal. Anita has also acted on behalf of businesses of all sizes from small to large international organisations.
As a champion of diversity, equality and inclusion (DE&I), Anita provides DE&I training to business clients, providing education on issues of subconscious bias, prejudice and illustrate how to address these issues.
Anita’s passion is to support her clients by relieving their stress, giving clarity on employment law, and helping individuals and businesses make ethical business decisions.
Kind words about Anita and KLG from clients:
“Working with Anita has been an entirely streamlined and stress-free experience, and I’m so thankful for her expertise and help.”
“We can’t praise Anita enough. The team have been absolutely fantastic.”
“Anita and her team provide great advice and guidance with a passion and service I have not seen from other employment law firms. Employment law clearly isn’t just a day job for the KLG team, and I would highly recommend their services to anybody looking for a team who would go the extra mile for their clients.”
Noticeable Cases for Employee
- Negotiating a Managing Director exit package over £250,000 plus a large bonus of £120,000, good reference and ensuring good leaver status.
- Successfully representing three Claimant’s in an 8-day tribunal claim of sex discrimination, race and unfair dismissal.
- Negotiating new contract terms for footballers and exit strategies
- Successfully representing clients on worker status and maternity pay.
- Successfully negotiating favourable exit agreements.
- Representing a range of clients such as Directors, Senior Executives, VP’s, HR Managers, Managers, Consultants and so on.
Noticeable Cases for Businesses
- Defending a large charity in a four day case in a claim for redundancy, unfair dismissal, age discrimination and unlawful deduction of wages;
- Defending a multi-national company in a five day race discrimination, unfair dismissal, unlawful deduction of wages and holiday pay case;
- Defending a large international fashion company on a four day case involving claims of unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, and age discrimination;
- Defending a large care home on a three day case with claims of unfair dismissal and disability discrimination;
- Defending a catering company with claims of whistleblowing;
- Defending a cleaning company on a two day case in claims of race and religious discrimination;
- Defending a range of business such as Doctor’s surgeries, schools, hairdressers, management consultancy firms, care homes and so on.
Anita is a keen member of the women’s Holyport cricket team and loves exploring and enjoying adventures with her two children.
In her spare time, Anita is an active member of the community, fundraises for SmartWorks, a charity helping women feel confident and empowered returning to work and is also in the investor circle for One Family Global, supporting their mission end child sex-trafficking and rebuild the lives of rape survivors.
Get in touch