At KLG, we offer employment law and HR advice to businesses for a monthly fixed-fee. Our employment lawyers are available 7 days a week to provide advice and representation in connection with any employment law issue.
Meet our Managing Director, an experienced employment lawyer Anita Kalra.
Fixed Fee Employment Law Advice London, Watford, Slough & Across the UK
We tailor each package to suit your business whether you’re a small business or a multi-national organisation.
We provide expert advice at the earliest possible stage to reduce the risk of costly litigation. We’ll provide advice and representation on investigating employment law issues, grievance procedures and appeal meetings.
In the event that your employment law dispute needs to go to litigation, we will represent you – there’s no need for the case to change hands or for you to instruct employment law services separately.
We provide the following HR support services:-
- Drafting and finalisation for Contracts of Employment;
- Written Particulars of Employment;
- Restrictive Covenants;
- Employee Handbooks;
- Equal Opportunities Policies;
- Grievance and Disciplinary Procedures and Policies;
- Employee Company Car Policies;
- Settlement Agreements;
- Zero Hour Contracts;
- Fixed Term Contracts;
- Sub-Contractor Agreements;
- Advice on mediation with current and former employees;
- Assistance, guidance and representation for investigation, grievance and appeal meetings
Our employment law specialists will review and make necessary recommendations to your existing contracts and documents to ensure all your documents are up-to date with current legislation and procedures.
In the event that your employment law dispute needs to go to litigation, we will represent you – there’s no need for the case to change hands or for you to instruct another firm.
Our ongoing employment law advice includes:
- Advice on mediation with former and past employees;
- Assistance and advice on early conciliation. Our employment advisors will help establish the complaints and if necessary negotiate and draft settlement terms;
- Assistance, guidance and representation for investigation, grievance and appeal meetings;
- Preparation for employment tribunal claims including preparation of bundles and witnesses;
- Collating all relevant information and documents;
- Visiting you at your offices to collect all the relevant information and meet witnesses;
- Briefing of witnesses;
- Representation for employment claims;
- Representation for cases that are appealed.
- Negotiation of out of court settlements
Most, if not all companies, find themselves asking the following questions at some point:
- How do I carry out an investigation, disciplinary and appeal meeting?
- How do I give a warning to an employee?
- My employee keeps calling in sick what do I do next?
- My employee has raised a grievance against a member of staff, how do I investigate this?
- How do I carry out a risk assessment for a pregnant member of staff?
- My employee has completed the ET1 form and has filed a case against me at the tribunal, what are the next steps?
- My employee has submitted an Equal Pay questionnaire how do I respond to this?
Instructing legal advisors to assist with these questions on an ad-hoc basis is time-consuming and expensive. Our employment legal advisors are extremely experienced in their field. Some of their notable achievements include:
- Defending a large charity in a four day case in a claim for redundancy, unfair dismissal, age discrimination and unlawful deduction of wages;
- Defending a multi-national company in a five day race discrimination, unfair dismissal, unlawful deduction of wages and holiday pay case;
- Defending a large international fashion company on a four day case involving claims of unfair dismissal, whistleblowing, and age discrimination;
- Defending a large care home on a three day case with claims of unfair dismissal and disability discrimination;
- Defending a catering company with claims of whistleblowing;
- Defending a cleaning company on a two day case in claims of race and religious discrimination;
- Defending a range of business such as Doctor’s surgeries, schools, hair dressers, management consultancy firms, care homes and so on.
Unlike many of our competitors, we provide:
- HR advice on your doorstep. If you require someone to conduct an investigation meeting, disciplinary meeting, appeal meeting or mediation meeting with an employee then we provide this service. We will send an experienced mediator or negotiator to conduct the above meetings. They will then chair or participate in the meeting as instructed and follow this up with written advice.
- Employment Law Advice around the clock. Our HR advice is available 24/7.
- A free company HR ‘Health Check’.
- Employment law training and seminars for Managers and Senior members of staff;
KLG regularly work in partnership with organisations and their human resources teams to design and implement robust procedures to handle disciplinary matters in the workplace. Our team of specialist legal advisors will also be able to provide tailored advice on how meetings between employees and employers should be conducted, and how investigations related to grievances and disciplinary action should be carried out. If you are in need of assistance in dealing with any aspect of UK employment law, contact us now. We are here to help you. Call us on 0808 1685860 now.